500 Shades of grey ...

Despite the play on numbers for the name of the project given in my second year. This project was given to experiment with how far we can push weave skills that we have learn't and to also to get us going after having a break from uni over summer. The theme of using only the colour grey was so we could experiment with structure and see how far we could take it so we didn't have to worry about colour composition.

I experimented with 3d and 2d structures to see how it would manipulate the fabric. I used yarns that would change their properties when finishing the fabric such as felting. I substituted yarns for wire and mono filament to create different textures and manipulation properties.

IMG_2097.JPG